Monday, October 31, 2011

I was talking to my friend Jo the other day


I was talking to my friend Jo the other day and I said to her that I just don’t understand why Tom does not tell me when he is upset. I tell him every detail of my life, from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed, and when Im upset he hears all about it. I just don’t understand why he doesn’t tell me when he's upset? Jo said to me that just recently she has come to understand why most guys are like this. Her mom said that she always tells her dad everything, and one day she said why don’t you tell me when your upset? He simply said its okay for me to carry your worry, but you don’t need to carry mine also. I almost think that ever since then I have thought of our relationship differently, not that I don’t want to know when he is upset but I understand that he will tell me when he wants me to know, Im not going to drive myself crazy if he doesn’t want to tell me right now.



I used to get upset if Tom didn’t call me before he went to bed, or if he didn’t call me back when I called him. Now I think I am so confident in our relationship that stuff like that does not bother me. Before I would call him 15 times in a row if he didn’t answer and that would make me so angry that he didn’t answer. Now I will call him 1 or 2 times in the morning when I wake up, maybe send him a text, and then wait for him to call me if he doesn’t answer the phone.  I can say that he also has gotten better about answering the phone when I call too. I also know now that just about the time I wake up is the time his friends are all getting home from work and sometimes he is busy.



I have to say though for our relationship being how it is, we are really good together, from the little things we deal with on a daily bases to the big things we have to deal with. Between him and I we deal very well with each other I think, he is a cheeky Indian on some days, and I am big old crybaby on other days.



I know that if I want anything done I have to ask in advance, but he will do it. It might not get done when I want it done, but it will get done eventually. He knows that if he asked me to do something it will get done too, but it will probably get done way faster than he wanted it done, that’s just how I am.



We figure when we get married he is going to be the one that slows me down and makes me think about today a little bit, and I will be the one who makes him think about tomorrow a bit more. We are perfect for each other when you think about it.



You know I was thinking the other day, when we were on vacation in India I had no idea where we were staying, I didn’t know the name of the hotel, what street it was on, nothing. If Tom and I would have been separated I wouldn’t of known what to do really, I didn’t even have a phone with me once I was with him. That’s how comfortable I am with him, he just takes care of me and makes me feel safe. I know he will always take care of, that’s why Im also not worried about living in India one day, because I know he will help me till I am conferrable with our surroundings.



I guess I don’t realize how much I truly depend on him till I sit back and really think about it. Besides God, Tom is my life, don’t get me wrong I love my family, but my mom always taught me that when I get married I leave them and go with my husband. They are still in our life of course, but now I have to make decisions with my husband and make sure he is okay with what we decide. I cant wait to be married, this is what I have been put on this earth for, to be a wife and mom, I just cant wait for the day I say I do to the man I love with all my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment