Monday, July 18, 2011

We were just standing there looking out into the street...

Our first day in India together…

Today Tom and I were talking about our first day in India together… The one thing that sticks out in both of our minds is when we were on Nigel’s porch. Everyone was in the house and Tom and I were standing on the porch, and for the first time we were all by ourselves, truly for the first time…

We were just standing there looking out into the street, and Tom had his arm around me, and I was holding his hand. It was almost like I was dreaming, like I was really not standing next to him, I just knew I was going to wake up and be home in my bed alone. But that was not true, I was standing right next to him for the first time, I could touch him, smell him, kiss him, just be with him.

That was about the only time after that we were all alone, but it was the best time, really the whole time we were together was my “favorite” time, but his time is one of the best times.

The only quote that comes to my mind is “when you have finally found the person you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start right now”. I love this quote because it’s exactly how I feel about Tom, I want my “forever” to start now, today, right this minute.

Today Tom and I got into a huge fight, and we don’t fight that much I don’t think, but today it just hit how very much I love him!!! Before I was with Tom when I would fight with my bf I would leave and not speak with him for days, but I’m different with Tom, I can’t stand it when we fight. It makes me crazy to not be able to talk it out, to just hang the phone up and not speak with him makes me go crazy.

My grandma always said “Rach when you meet the one, you will just know he’s the one, your life will be different with him, you will feel different with him. Do you feel different with this one Rach? If the answer is NO, then he is NOT the one.” I can say without a doubt that Tom is the one, I feel differently with him, about him, around him, I love him differently.

Soon he and I will be “all alone” again, for the very first time, and I can’t wait for that day…

No comments:

Post a Comment