Thursday, July 21, 2011

I smiled to myself and thought wow we really have come a long way


            Its funny how things change in a relationship, how you get to know the other person so well that you know what ticks them off and you know what makes them happy and smile. TOM, and I say that with caps for a reason, knows me so very well, it sometimes amazes me how well he knows me.



He knows the little things that put me over the top, like I cant go to bed knowing he is angry with me, or when we are having an argument and he turns his phone off (that’s the worse for me), or that I love it when he sends me an email or when he gets on my FB and post things for me. He knows I don’t like to be called buddy or pal, and yet he still does it just to get a little grrrr out of me.



I know he likes it when I take pictures of the things we are doing in Ohio and of the places I go and send them to him, I know he does NOT want our bedroom painted in Pink. I know he does not like it when I cry when we are fighting, or for that matter anytime I cry, I know he likes my hair strait, so I try to wear it strait for him as much as I can.

            Those things are the things that keep our relationship going on a daily basis, and keeps us on our toes. A “perfect” relationship would be a boring relationship don’t you think? Who wants to be with someone who is perfect, I sure know I don’t want to be.



            The only thing we fight about is being jealous and I don’t even know why we fight about that, it’s so dumb to me, I don’t understand why I get so jealous!!  My mom said a little jealousy is a good thing in a relationship, so I guess its good, but by no means would I ever want jealousy to come between him and I. I love Tom way too much to let something dumb like that come between him and I.



            When I look back at the little arguments we have, I have to laugh sometimes, because I just think to myself why did we fighting over that? And then I think did I really say that? Why did I say that? Really Rach come on and think before you speak sometimes!!!! I have to say I hide nothing from Tom though, I think that’s why when we fight I say what’s on my mind because I truly tell him everything, but in know way would I ever intentionally say something to hurt his feelings, Im not like that, and I know he is not like that either.  



            Sometimes I think I tell him too much though, not because I don’t want to hide anything from him but because Im sure he really does not care about every little thing I do in the day. This is a typical conversation we have at like 7am everyday…



Rach: Hi babe how was your day?

Tom: Fine, how was your night last night?

Me: Super Great…I ate tacos for dinner with my mom and dad, and then I went shopping for a little bit with my mom to Target and I bought a new shirt, a wallet, and a pair of shoes. Then we turned TV on and watched Design Star (tv show) for an hour, then I fixed some popcorn for everyone, packed my lunch for work in the morning, fed the cats, and Benny (my cat) Babe he’s getting so fat he needs to go on a diet. Can you put cats on a diet?

Tom: I guess so

Rach: Anyways so then I got on the internet and looked at my FB and logged on to your FB and messed a few of our friends, then put my PJ’s on, text you before I went to bed, turned the TV on in my bedroom and eventually fell asleep. Then I woke up ate breakfast, took a shower, got dressed, and called you baby.

Tom: Great, what’s new baby?

Rach: Oh nothing much I just work today till 6pm then I’ll go home and eat dinner with my parents, watch some TV, I’ll probably take a walk too, and then go to bed. You mean to tell me you didn’t do anything today Babe?

Tom: Umm no not really…



            Do you notice anything wrong with this conversation? Ummm like maybe the 1000 words I spoke and the 10 words he spoke??? I look back and think, “Does my boyfriend really care that I turned the TV on? Or that I blew my hair dry before putting my makeup on this morning?” Ummmm Probably NOT…  Lol …



But then we have days when he talks and talks and talk!!! Like I had said before when we first met each other we would skype for hours and hours and then we would talk on the phone on top of that too. So maybe he does care about that stuff, who knows right? But Lord knows even if he didn’t care about the little things I do all day Im probably still going to tell him, that’s just me and in the words of Tom “I don’t want you to change I want you to be exactly who you are, that’s who I fell in love with.”



            I just love how I can look back at the first time we spoke and then look at the last conversation we had and smile. I can smile because I see how much we have grown in the past year and how much we really do love each other.



            When we first met Tom told me something that shocked me kind of, he said that most Indians don’t say please and thank you. They never say please can I have something they just expect to get what they want, and they don’t say sorry unless it was something they did really wrong. Well at least that’s how I understood it when he explained it to me when we first started dating. Just today Tom said sorry to me for something, and when he said that to me it reminded me of the time when he said they don’t say sorry. I smiled to myself and thought wow we really have come a long way, and that makes me happy….

No comments:

Post a Comment