Monday, April 23, 2012

I was able to speak to his mom


Step 1 with Immigration……..



Initial Review:



During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews the applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.



At this step we had to submit phone records, skype records, letters between us, pictures of us when we met in India, emails sent back and forth, g-talk conversations we had. Basically I submitted everything I could to “prove” we are a couple and that we are not scamming the system. In fact I don’t know really why I started writing this blog but I did and I even submitted this to the USCIS too.



I was told that this is the longest step of our process, and after this step it should go somewhat quickly, well as quickly as it can go. I suppose to us however long it takes, it takes really, what can we do about the time? Nothing!!!!!!



Tom gave me the best compliment today; he said I was the best fiancé ever!!! That makes me grin from ear to ear when he says things like that to me… annnndddddddd I was able to speak to his mom this past weekend, I was sooo excited that I didn’t even sleep at all on Friday night after I spoke to her! Her voice was so sweet and kind, and I can’t believe that she’s going to be my mother-in-law. I always prayed to God that I would get a nice mother-in-law and not a witch for an in-law, and my prayers were answered. It’s amazing to me how awesome God is, he knows just want we need at jus the right time in our life.



You know its so funny how Tom has told me through out our whole relationship just to wait and be patient and in time everything I want I will get. I don’t mean like getting a Mercedes Benz or a million dollars, I mean things like being accepted into his family and by his friends and stuff. Slowly but surely everything I have dreamed of is coming true…
 

No comments:

Post a Comment